Garage Sale Sign & Parking Regulation Reminders
During the garage sale season, the
· Signs may only be displayed on private property.
· Signs may not be attached to trees, utility poles, parked vehicles, fences, or roofs.
· Signs are not permitted in Village parkway; that is the area between the sidewalk and the street.
· Only one sign is permitted on the property where the sale is located. If the property is on a corner lot, two signs may be displayed on the private property, one facing each street.
· Signs may not exceed six square feet per side (for example, two feet by three feet) and four feet in height.
· Off-site signs are permitted only on private property with the consent of the owner.
· Signs must be removed at the conclusion of the sale.
· Garage sale signs must identify the date and the address of the sale.
· Signs may only be displayed on day prior to, and on the day of the sale.
No permits are required for garage sales. However, signs that violate the sign regulation will be removed and disposed of by Village personnel. Property owners may receive citations based upon repeat offenses.
Residents are reminded Village ordinance prohibits overnight parking on any designated street between the hours of and every day of the week unless otherwise posted. Also, Village Ordinance prohibits parking across the sidewalk Monday thru Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m., or Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Violators will be given tickets.
Questions should be directed to the Hanover Park Police Department at 630/823-5500.
# # #
You are receiving this email because you are subscribed to the Village of Hanover Park Mailing List. If you wish to unsubscribe, please visit the Village's website.