Guidance on Reopening
The Village has compiled resources on reopening after COVID-19. Please note this not legal guidance. Always follow CDC guidelines and consult an attorney if in doubt. If you are a restaurant, please see Outdoor Dining & Resources for Restaurants. Additionally, please see Links to Various Agencies for other agencies which post useful information about reopening.
- How to Handle Customers Who Won't Follow Safety Rules
- Illinois Back to Business from the Illinois Department of Labor
- Back to Work Safely from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Open DuPage
- How to Effectively Communicate Your Reopening Plans for Customers
- Ready to Reopen: A Playbook for Your Small Business
Phase 4 Guidelines for Reopening Businesses & Returning to work safely
Under the Restore Illinois framework, certain businesses and activities are allowed to resume with IDPH-approved safety guidance in place. Phase 4 guidelines span 10 different industry categories. Common Guidelines (including workplace posters) can be found in the Phase 4 Business Toolkit. Here is a summary of changes made for Phase 4.
The State has issued additional health guidance on reopening. Please make sure to follow State guidelines, including a 6-foot social distancing requirements and:
- Checklist for Wellness Screenings
- Checklist for Employee Training
- Personal Care Services Guidelines, For personal care businesses, including salons and spas
- Para español, por favor vea Directrices para Servicios de Atención Personal
- Hanover Park video on face coverings, disinfecting work areas, and proper removal of gloves
- OSHA has prepared guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19
- The CDC has produced Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes
Restore Illinois Plan
Governor Gov. J.B. Pritzker has presented a plan for reopening Illinois that relies on five, data-driven phases. The governor said the move to each phase will depend on measurable progress against the COVID-19 coronavirus, including the regional availability of healthcare. The plan divides the state into four regions for purposes of reopening - Northeast Illinois, which includes Hanover Park, North Central Illinois, Central Illinois and Southern Illinois.