The Village of Hanover Park strives to be responsive to our residents' concerns and operate in a fiscally responsible and efficient manner. Government transparency, or the ability to access information and documents, is a priority of the Village President, Board of Trustees, and staff. While much of the information below is located in other areas of the website, this page consolidates a variety of key information all in one place.
- Budgets: The website should include the current-year budget and the budget for the prior 4 years (5 years total).
- Contracts: The website should include contracts posted online for the last 5-years; including bids and contracts for purchases over $25,000 and Labor agreements with all employee groups.
- Elected and Administrative Officials: The website should include contact information (Phone and Email) of all elected officials, the top administrator, and the head administrator for each department.
- Expenditures: The website should include a Checkbook Register and Credit Card expenditures to all individuals and third-party vendors.
- Financial Audits: The website should include regular audit information for the past 5-years, specifically the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) for the agency's total performance.
- Lobbying: The website should include a list of any taxpayer-funded lobbying associations that it helps to fund by paying association or membership dues. Additionally, if the unit of government directly contracts with a lobbying firm, that should be disclosed.
- Meeting Information: The Village shall provide notices about public meetings of its governing board, and minutes of past meetings. Websites should have meeting agendas for future and/or past meetings, and board packets so citizens and elected officials have equal access to the information used to make legislative decisions.
- Public Records: The Village website shall include the name, address, phone number, and an electronic contact method for the Village Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officer, along with the address, phone number, and electronic submission method for FOIA requests. The Village website shall also include the FOIA process response time and any fees charged by the Village in connection with FOIA requests and responses.
- Salary and Benefits (PDF): The website should contain compensation information for each individual employee including wages, salary, health, dental, life, pension, etc.
- Taxes and Fees: Website should include detailed information for any type of tax or fee that it levies includes sales, property, income, and miscellaneous taxes, fees on residents and businesses.