The Hanover Park Police Department’s Record Section provides copies of documents to citizens.
- Accident reports are available for purchase on BuyCrash. Residents can also come to the Police Department front desk and request a copy.
- Other reports require a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requestto be submitted.
- The FOIA form is online or at the Police Department’s front desk 24 hours 7 days a week.
- After the request is reviewed, the requester will be contacted when the report is available.
- FOIA requests can take up to 5 business days for a response.
- Reports are not released the same day of the reported incident.