The following holidays will delay pickup by one day when the holiday falls between Sunday and Friday.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
Christmas Tree Recycling
Christmas trees will be recycled throughout the Village on Friday, January 8th and Friday, January 15th. Place your Christmas tree in the parkway and follow these guidelines:
- Do not put trees in plastic bags.
- Remove the stand and all decorations including lights, garland, tinsel, and metal (such as nails).
- Dispose of artificial or natural wreaths in the regular household garbage.
- Do not place artificial trees at the curb for recycling.
- Set your tree out on the above dates. However, if you miss the special collection dates, Groot Industries will collect Christmas trees along with your regular garbage and refuse collection. This service will be provided to the homeowners’ associations not regularly serviced by Groot.
Questions? Call the Public Works Department at 630-823-5700 or Groot Industries at 866-782-5161.
|Date||Holiday||Refuse Pickup Date
Friday January 1, 2021
New Year's Day
Saturday January 2, 2021
|Monday May 31, 2021||Memorial Day
||Saturday June 5, 2021
|Sunday July 4, 2021||4th of July||Saturday July 10, 2021
|Monday September 6, 2021||Labor Day||Saturday September 11, 2021
|Thursday November 25, 2021||Thanksgiving||Saturday November 27, 2021