For properties located WITHIN A TIF DISTRICT, the Village is offering a Façade Improvement Grant Program to encourage improvement and revitalization of building exteriors and properties as visible from the street.
The Façade Improvement Grant Program:
- Is a reimbursement grant – where the improvements need to be installed following Village approval, paid for by the applicant and then reimbursed.
- Up to 50% of eligible project costs could be funded.
- Applications and funding are available on a first-come, first-served basis
The reimbursement through the grant shall be based on the following:
- A minimum project cost of $5,000;
- The Village will reimburse up to a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of eligible project costs or $25,000 – whichever is less;
- Up to 30% of grant amount can be used for landscaping
These façade improvements could include building exterior, signage, exterior lighting, windows, doors, landscaping and/or other exterior structural or design changes. Interior work, furniture, or items not visible from the right-of-way are not eligible. Properties that have previously received TIF funds from the Village, or owe fines, taxes or fees to the Village are not eligible.