Community & Economic Development
The Community and Economic Development Department is primarily responsible for activities related to economic development, planning and zoning, and being a Staff liaison to the Economic Development Committee and the Development Commission. For more information about the department's responsibilities, select the links below:
Development Process & Resources
The Development Process generally takes 3-4 months to complete:
- Staff Review at an in-house Staff Development Review Committee (DRC) meeting (held monthly)
- A public hearing before the Development Commission, typically held the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7 pm. To view the Development Commission Schedule and Development Application Timeline, click here.
- A final action by the President and Village Board of Trustees at a separate Village Board meeting held the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. To view the Village Board agendas, click here.
- Development Commission Flowchart (PDF)
- Development Application Form (PDF)
- Development Application Procedures & Requirements (PDF)
Committees & Commissions
Meets the 2nd Tuesday of the Month at 12:30 P.M. in Room 214 at the Village Hall
Meets the 2nd Thursday of the Month at 7:00 P.M. in Room 214 at the Village Hall
Historic Commission has been established and is looking for new members.
Use the links below to access applications, handouts, and other information related to the Community & Economic Development (CED) department.
- Annexations (Planning & Zoning task)
- Business Directory
- Business Recruitment (Economic Development task)
- Business Resources
- Business Retention (Economic Development task)
- Bike Path Map (PDF)
- Census Information (Planning & Zoning task)
- Development Application
- Development Application Procedures & Requirements
- Development & Project Updates
- Long & Short Range Planning (Planning & Zoning task)
- Maps (All Village Maps)
- What are the permitted uses in each zoning district?
- What is the zoning of my property?
- How can I obtain a Plat of Survey if I need one?
- How long is a building permit valid?
- What is the purpose of the refundable bond?
- When can I expect the bond to be refunded?
- Who is JULIE?
- Does the Village locate its underground utilities?
- A friend of mine is going to build my shed, deck, etc. Must he be registered with the Village?
- What is a "stop work" order?
- What if I want to make changes to my plans as work on the project progresses?
- What do I do with the permit placard I was given?
- What inspections are required?
- What's the difference between the plan review fee and the permit fee?
- Is there financial assistance available for me to renovate my home?