Community & Economic Development
The Community and Economic Development Department is primarily responsible for activities related to economic development, planning and zoning, and being a Staff liaison to the CONECT Committee and the Development Commission. For more information about the department's responsibilities, select the links below:
Development Process & Resources
The Development Process generally takes 3-4 months to complete:
- Staff Review at an in-house Staff Development Review Committee (DRC) meeting (held monthly)
- A public hearing before the Development Commission, typically held the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7 pm. To view the Development Commission Schedule and Development Application Timeline, click here.
- A final action by the President and Village Board of Trustees at a separate Village Board meeting held the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. To view the Village Board agendas, click here.
- Development Commission Flowchart (PDF)
- Development Application Form (PDF)
- Development Application Procedures & Requirements (PDF)
Committees & Commissions
- Meets the 2nd Tuesday of the Month at 12:30 P.M. in Room 214 at the Village Hall
- Learn more about the CONECT Committee
- Meets the 2nd Thursday of the Month at 7:00 P.M. in Room 214 at the Village Hall
- Learn more about the Development Commission
- Meets the 4th Tuesday of the Month at 6:00 P.M. in Room 214 at the Village Hall
- Learn more about the Historic Committee
- Historic Commission has been established and is looking for new members.
- Learn more about the Historic Commission
Use the links below to access applications, handouts, and other information related to the Community & Economic Development (CED) department.
- Address Map
- Applications (Development Projects & Permits)
- Available Properties in Hanover Park
- Annexations (Planning & Zoning task)
- Basement Remodel Permit Handout (PDF)
- Block Party Application (PDF)
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Business Directory
- Business Recruitment (Economic Development task)
- Business Resources
- Business Retention (Economic Development task)
- Bike Path Map (PDF)
- Census Information (Planning & Zoning task)
- Central Air Conditioner Permit Handout (PDF)
- Chamber of Commerce
- Code (Zoning, Signage, Parking, Subdivision & Permitted uses)
- Comprehensive Plan
- Commercial Property Available
- CONECT Committee (or Economic Development Committee)
- Deck Permit Handout (PDF)
- Demographic Information
- Detached Garage Permit Handout (PDF)
- Development Application
- Development Application Procedures & Requirements
- Development & Project Updates
- Driveway & Concrete Slabs Permit Handout (PDF)
- Industrial Property Available
- Information Dispersion (Planning & Zoning task)
- Irving Park Corridor Study (PDF)
- Lake Street Corridor Study
- Local Map
- Long Rang Land Use Map (PDF)
- Long & Short Range Planning (Planning & Zoning task)
- Low Voltage Alarms Permit Handout (PDF)
- Mailbox Installation Permit Handout (PDF)
- Major Employers
- Maps (All Village Maps)
- Mapping (Planning & Zoning task)
- Municipal Code
- Parking Code
- Permanent Sign Permit Handout (PDF)
- Permitted Uses Table
- Planning & Zoning
- Plans & Studies
- Population Data for Hanover Park
- Property Search (For all properties in Hanover Park)
- Planned Unit Development, Rezoning, & Comprehensive Plan Amendment Application (PDF)
- School District Map (PDF)
- Shed Permit Handout (PDF)
- Sign Application (PDF), Exterior
- Sign Code
- Socio-economic Data for Hanover Park
- Stoop Permit Handout (PDF)
- Special Use Application (PDF)
- Spotlight on Business (PDF)
- Street Map (PDF)
- Subdivision Code
- Subdivision Application (PDF), Plat of
- Swimming Pool Permit Handout (PDF)
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Development
- Temporary Sign Permit Handout (PDF)
- Temporary Tent Permit Handout (PDF)
- Township Map (PDF)
- Variation Application (PDF)
- Village Center Plan (also see Village Center Plan update)
- Village Center Plan Map (PDF)
- What are the permitted uses in each zoning district?
- What is the zoning of my property?
- How can I obtain a Plat of Survey if I need one?
- How long is a building permit valid?
- What is the purpose of the refundable bond?
- When can I expect the bond to be refunded?
- Who is JULIE?
- Does the Village locate its underground utilities?
- A friend of mine is going to build my shed, deck, etc. Must he be registered with the Village?
- What is a "stop work" order?
- What if I want to make changes to my plans as work on the project progresses?
- What do I do with the permit placard I was given?
- What inspections are required?
- What's the difference between the plan review fee and the permit fee?
- Is there financial assistance available for me to renovate my home?