- Community & Economic Development
- Economic Development
- Business Resources
- COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
- Outdoor Dining & Resources for Restaurants
Outdoor Dining & Resources for Restaurants
RESOURCES for Restaurants
The Village of Hanover Park recognizes that circumstances arising from COVID-19 have put significant strain on our food establishments, including restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores, and bakeries. Here are some of the resources/initiatives available to help food establishments.
- Please see out Financial Resources page for grants and other resources, many targeted at dining establishments.
- The DishRoulette Kitchen Grant Program provides small grants to restaurants.
- The Village of Hanover Park encourages residents to Shop Local. We have produced an updated dining guide for residents to see which food establishments are open and how they can interact with them. If you would like to be included or wish to update your information, please contact Community and Economic Development at (630) 823-5780 or at CDevelopment@hpil.org..
- The Illinois Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Restaurant Employee Relief Fund is providing $500 cash to restaurant workers who’ve been hard-hit by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Restaurants Act is a comprehensive resource for local, state, and federal regulations related to the pandemic.
- The National Restaurant Association released new guidance for reopening restaurants, which provides a basic summary of recommended practices that can be used to help mitigate exposure to the COVID-19 virus. They also have general Coronavirus Information and Resources.
- The Illinois Restaurant Association has compiled some helpful resources for restaurants.
- The National Restaurant Show has created a COVID-19 Resource Hub.
- ServSafe has provided free COVID-19 training and resources.
- The Spoon provides good insight into technology in the food industry.
- Create an account on Yelp. Yelp will give you a digital presence where many people search for restaurants. Additionally, it will allow you to publicize yourself and control your brand.
- The Illinois Liquor Commission has provided guidelines for Liquor delivery. Please see Hanover Park’s emergency order allowing for packaged liquor sales.
- The DuPage County Health Department published guidelines for food facilities. These guidelines are advisable regardless of which county your business is in.
Outdoor Dining Criteria
Due to the social distancing requirements necessary to protect people from the COVID-19 pandemic, Hanover Park has expanded outdoor seating options (policy summary) to include areas such as parking lots.
- If you are interested in pursuing outdoor dining, please contact Inspectional Services at (630) 823-5860 or IServices@hpil.org to submit a permit. See the full Hanover Park Outdoor Dining policy for full details.
- Hours of operation will be limited to 10:00 pm on weekdays and 11:00 pm on weekends.
- Restaurants will be required to sign a "hold harmless" agreement
- Restaurants will need a permit. See the permit handout for details on how to submit and basic requirements. There will be no fee for the permit and it will be valid for 90 days
- If a restaurant wishes to use a tent as part of their outdoor dining, see new temporary tent guidelines. Restaurants can apply on the same permit application for outdoor dining.
Additionally, please make sure to follow State guidelines, including a 6-foot social distancing requirements and:
- Restaurants & Bars For Outdoor Dining Guidelines
- Checklist for Wellness Screenings
- Checklist for Employee Training
Additionally, always check our Guidance on Reopening. ServSafe has good food safety guidelines.