The Inspectional Services Division protects public health, safety, and welfare by performing periodic health and property maintenance inspections, and inspections of all nonresidential buildings. The Division also performs construction inspections on all new buildings and improvements to assure compliance with building codes. Finally, the Division is responsible for ensuring a safe and sanitary environment for food service and sales and nonresidential properties to enforce the property maintenance and other health-related codes of the Village.
Specific Division Responsibilities
Other specific division responsibilities include:
- Review all proposed construction in the Village to ensure compliance with applicable construction regulations.
- Issue permits for construction and other miscellaneous improvements, including signs.
- Periodically inspect all food service and sales and medical facilities to ensure compliance with health regulations.
- Periodically inspect all nonresidential properties to ensure compliance with property maintenance regulations.
- Provide education and technical assistance to residents, businesses, contractors, and other interested parties.