The Hanover Park Fire Department had numerous staffing changes and growth in 2022. We extended efforts to accomplish hiring throughout the department including a plan reviewer, two building inspectors, a part-time permit clerk and four full-time firefighter positions which were vacant.
The design and plan review for the new Fire Station 16 was completed.
The Fire Department took delivery and placed into service new Engine 16.
Inspectional Services Division increased customer experience by updating and expanding the on-line permit and licensing products.
The Village Emergency Operations Plan was updated and we recertified as a Storm Ready Community.
The Hanover Park Fire Department Goals for 2023 include:
- Continue project management of the new Fire Station 16.
- Establish Rescue Taskforce Program (RTF) with the Hanover Park Police Department and mutual-aid agencies.
- Continue to streamline the Inspectional Services online renewal and permit process.
- Adopt codes and policies to encourage development and property improvement.
- Improve the Outdoor Warning Siren systems throughout the Village by following the Siren Replacement Plan. This is year two of a five-year plan.