Lobbying Associations & Firms
Association & Firms
The Village of Hanover Park belongs to the following lobbying associations and firms:
- DuPage Mayors and Managers Conference - A coalition of cities and villages, the Conference promotes excellence in municipal government, evaluates the impact of pending state and federal legislation, provides research, technical assistance, and training to members, and fosters intergovernmental cooperation.
- Illinois Municipal League (IML) - The IML provides a formal voice for Illinois municipalities in matters involving common interests. They promote competence and integrity in administration as they provide municipal officials with knowledge and experience to best administer their duties.
- Metropolitan Mayors Caucus - The Caucus provides a forum through which the chief elected officials of the region cooperatively develop consensus on common public policy issues and multi-jurisdictional challenges. With a foundation of collaboration and consensus-based decision-making, it serves a number of functions for its partner organizations and local governments.
- National League of Cities - The National League of Cities (NLC) is dedicated to helping city leaders build better communities. Working in partnership with the 49 state municipal leagues, NLC serves as a resource to and an advocate for the more than 19,000 cities, villages and towns it represents.
- Northwest Municipal Conference - The Northwest Municipal Conference (NWMC) has been working to strengthen communities and enhance intergovernmental relationships in the north and northwest suburbs of Chicago. The Northwest Municipal Conference represents over 1.3 million citizens residing in their 41 municipalities and 1 township. Their membership area covers over 300 square miles in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry counties.
- United States Conference of Mayors - The United States Conference of Mayors (USCM) is the official non-partisan organization of cities with populations of 30,000 or more. There are 1,295 such cities in the country today. Each city is represented in the Conference by its chief elected official, the mayor.
Other Organizations Used
Additionally, we utilize the following organization:
- Roger C. Marquardt and Associates - The Marquardt Team draws its effectiveness, in part, from the wide diversity of experience possessed by its members. Their team members have held elective state and local offices, managed successful businesses, coordinated statewide political campaigns, and served in a variety of different capacities throughout the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of Illinois government. This wide-ranging variety of experience has provided their team with an unparalleled network across Illinois which includes business executives, political leaders, and policy makers – of all partisan stripes. View the Village's contract with Roger C. Marquardt and Associates (PDF).